Friday, November 10, 2017

What am I doing?

As much to get things clear in my own mind, as anything else, here's what I'm currently working on.

Two papers on trust, with a particular focus on how to move from theoretical claims about trust, to applications in business. (Me, trust? Yeah, I'm as surprised as you are. A while back I taught a class on epsistemology and taught a fabulous paper by Katherine Hawley--which is to say that it was a paper by Katherine Hawley. It got me hooked.)

I've got some way through a(nother) paper about the epistemic objection to hybrid A-theories in the 'how can you know that you're now, now' literature, kicked off by Craig Bourne and DBM.

With David Ingram I'm doing a bit more work on the presentism and truthmaking literature. We also have plans for something more extensive, but that's still very much in the TOP SECRET category (aka: insufficiently well formed to discuss publicly). On my own I'm also kicking about a few things to do with presentism. One day I'd like to write a book about presentism, but I don't think I'm quite there yet.

Two papers (and then maybe a book?) on timelessness.

I have a funny little project on advice and recommendation, too. I'd like to know what they are and whether they differ from one another.

Sam Baron and I have some very early stage work on parsimony and fundamentality that we're trying to work up. It follows up earlier work that Sam and I have done together on parsimony and fundamentality.

Oh, and I've just started work on a paper on mereology and intuitions. We'll see where that ends up.

No comments: